Natural History Museum visit
Students getting ready for the museum visit
End of week presentations
Teens : Full Day
LONDON - COLLINGHAM: Juniors 5-17 years, Teens 13-17 years, Adults 18+
Our popular London day courses are designed for families visiting London. Parents can study with us or enjoy free time.
- English classes for juniors, teens and adults, Monday to Friday
- Written placement test carried out online in advance; oral testing on arrival at the school
- Optional activities. Weekly afternoon and evening family social event (at extra cost) e..g dine in a local
restaurant, play games in the park, take a Thames river cruise.
24 June - 9 August 2019 (1 - 7 weeks)
JUNIORS + TEENS (5*-17 years) HALF DAY
Levels: beginner* to advanced (CEF A1 - C1)
Click here for more info
- 15 hours' per week (09:00 -12:30h or 13:30 -17:00h) Monday to Friday
- Maximum class size: 12* students
- Classes are task-based
- Task-based classes are lively and fun. There is an emphasis on improving spoken English whilst learning new grammar and
vocabulary. Each Monday you begin a new project linked to the weekly museum visit.
- A highlight of the week is the study visit with your teacher to one of the Kensington museums (Science, Natural History, V&A)
Design Museum, Kensington Palace, a 20-25 minute walk away
- 5-6 year olds are only accepted if their parent/guardian is studying with us or stays at the College until their child is settled.
They do not visit the museums, instead they'll be learning English through fun activities on site
- Juniors and teens present their work at the Friday presentations. Parents warmly invited to attend
- A little homework is set each day
- End-of-course report, Discovery Summer certificate and class photo are presented on departure.
Beginners' accepted from 5-10 years only
*In exceptional cases, in order to place students at their correct level, maximum class size may be exceeded.
TEENS (13-17 years) FULL DAY
ADULTS (18+ years)
Levels: beginners to advanced (CEF A1 - C1)
Click here for more info
- 15 hours' tuition per week (09:00 -12:30h or 13:30 -17:00h) Monday to Friday. Afternoon classes subject to demand
- Maximum class size: 10* students
- A needs analysis is carried out before the course
- Classes are lively and fun whilst covering grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening and pronunciation. There is an
emphasis on spoken communication and a focus on real world day-to-day topics
- End-of-course report, Discovery Summer certificate and class photo are presented on departure
- Relax in our cafe at break-times
- Optional weekly afternoon or evening family social event (at extra cost). e.g. dine in local restaurants, games in the park, Thames
- NB: We regret we cannot accept very advanced level students on this programme.
*In exceptional circumstances, where levels dictate, this may be marginally exceeded.
1:1 classes are offered in the afternoons only, subject to availability. Minimum 1 hour, max 3 hours per day.
Day courses: you arrange your own accommodation. See Accommodation List 2019
for details of suggested hotels and apartments. We recommend you book as early as possible.
DATES & FEES
Click here for 2019 dates and fees
Collingham : Juniors (5*-17), Teens (13-17) + Adults (18+)
|Monday 24 June 2019
||Friday 28 June 2019
|Monday 1 July 2019
||Friday 5 July 2019
|Monday 8 July 2019
||Friday 12 July 2019
|Monday 15 July 2019
||Friday 19 July 2019
|Monday 22 July 2019
||Friday 26 July 2019
|Monday 29 July 2019
||Friday 2 August 2019
|Monday 5 August 2019
||Friday 9 August 2019
Students can study for 1-7 weeks
|Juniors + Teens Half Day
||Teens (13-17) Full Day
||Adults Half Day
|350 GBP per week
||720 GBP per week
||395 GBP per week
If two or more members of one family book together we offer a 5% discount on each booking