ACS Cobham : Competition Class 25m Pool
ACS Cobham : Premium ensuite single or twin study bedrooms
ACS Cobham : 12-16 years : Global Young Leaders
Close to London, Cobham offers an innovative programme to prepare you for your future education.
Ideal as a taster/preparation for those planning to attend a UK boarding school.
Levels: intermediate to advanced (CEFR B1 - C1)
30 June - 28 July 2018 (2 or 4 weeks)
ACS Cobham is located on a private estate, 24km from
central London, surrounded by beautiful countryside, while
close to all the attractions of London. This impressive
international school sits within a secure 50-hectare campus
with excellent facilities for study, creative activities and
recreation. The new boarding house offers accommodation
of hotel standard. Heathrow and Gatwick airports are 45
The outstanding sporting facilities include football pitches, 6
all-weather tennis courts, an Olympic-sized athletics track,
dance studio, impressive indoor 25m 6-lane swimming pool
and first-rate sports hall and a modern gym. There is a
flagship 500-seat theatre, drama studio, music rooms, an art
studio, Interactive Learning Centre and IT suites. Meals are
taken in the spacious, modern dining hall.
We offer an intensive, truly multi-national programme. and a chance to meet English children.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME
- This new 2 or 4-week programme combining English and interactive 'Strand' classes is designed to develop core English skills and to prepare you for your future education
- Classes encourage creativity, collaboration, problem solving, critical thinking and development of entrepreneurial skills
- Large, safe, modern campus allows for learning to take place out-and-about (e.g. pond dipping, kite-building, film-making)
- Mentoring: a weekly 1:1 session enables you to discuss and review your individual targets
- Exciting activities help you build confidence in new skills and encourage teamwork (e.g. survival skills, nature treasure hunt, megastructures)
- ACS Cobham's location, so close to London, offers you the chance of a weekly visit to explore London's many fascinating attractions.
- Lots of opportunities to practise English with our English Student Hosts.
- This blended programme runs over two weeks (average 22.5 hours per week).
- Classes are divided into English classes, Strands (see below) and Enrichment Workshops.
- You are tested on arrival and streamed into Group A or Group B according to nationality and language level.
- Maximum class size: 15 international students.
- Focus on conversational and core English skills. Develop
technical accuracy and enhance fluency through a range
of lively, interactive activities (e.g. create your own
podcast, hot seat debates)
- Study skills sessions (e.g. note-taking and active listening,
evaluating sources, interpreting data) support future
educational pathways (e.g. entry to IB programmes)
- Weekly 'Enrichment Workshops' compliment other classes
(e.g. Coding with Scratch, Skills Olympics, British Culture)
- By performing and presenting in front of the whole
school you will develop confidence and gain invaluable
practice in presentation skills.
Develop entrepreneurial, technical and creative skills through three key areas:
Focus on practical STEM subjects through lively sessions (e.g. forensic science, 3D modelling, GPS tracking systems). You will be amazed how theory comes to life in these interactive sessions!
* STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths
Learn how to be an effective leader! Explore ideas, solve problems and develop public speaking skills. Collaborative activities include (e.g. Model UN, public speaking, product development).
Discover your creativity through the arts. Develop your confidence, diction and perfect your analytical skills through collaborative, fun activities (e.g. 2-minute Shakespeare, portrait painting, Radio Cobham, British play reading).
- Full and varied afternoon and evening activity programme
- 2 excursions each week e.g. London (museums and
galleries guided walking tours, London-by-night, West End musical), Oxford (punting, college visit), Bristol (Banksy tour, dockside), Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Palace, theme park
- A wide range of activities are offered each week on Cobham's amazing campus! Choose from sports, art and design activities, team games and weekly campus challenges.
- PLUS: Lots of opportunities to practise English with our English Student Hosts.
ACCOMMODATION AND SUPERVISION
- The outstanding, newly-built boarding house is exceptional. All single and twin 'premium' study bedrooms have ensuite facilities
- Spacious and light common areas with large screen televisions/DVD; ideal for relaxed house evenings
- Safe campus with security gate and 24hr guard
- Close supervision by our resident staff
- Full board
- WiFi available (at specific times).
DATES & FEES
Click here for 2018 dates and fees